Friday, August 8, 2008

Beijing Olympics 2008 begins today


The Chinese are all set for the Olympics and the big stars, the big events and the big venues are all geared up for what promises to be a memorable Olympics.

The biggest sporting event in the world deserves a spectacular opening ceremony. And that's what you will get in Beijing August 8 at 8:00 pm, 8 minutes and 8 seconds.


Jeff Ruffulo, Spokesperson, BOCOG said, "And I can tell you, the only thing I didn't like about the stadium - there were no seat belts because at the opening you literally are blown back in your seat. And if you are watching this at home on television, you are going to get pushed into your garage. You better move the car out because "BANG" here it comes! The opening is the most dramatic thing I have ever seen. It is thunderous, it is emotional and it is dramatic."

Close to 10,500 athletes from 205 countries will come together in Beijing.


Some obviously more famous then the others but all bound by that special feeling for the Olympics.

Roger Federer, World number 1 in Tennis said, "For me Olympics are very special because this is where I met my girlfriend 8 years ago."

Jamaican sprinter, Usain Bolt said, "The Olympic gold lasts longer than the world record because a person has to wait four more years really to be an Olympic gold medalist again, if I win this year. But a world record can go at any time, any place. The Olympic gold is more close to my heart than anything."

for more : click here

No comments: